South Shore Drill Team’s Parent Booster Club is composed of parents and other volunteers who support the children by serving as chaperones on trips, providing meals, and assisting with uniforms and transportation. At the Bud Billiken Back-to-School Parade, more than 50 parents assist with preparations and accompany the group along the parade route, providing bottled water, first aid, and security.
South Shore Drill Team is blessed with many volunteers, and we’re grateful for the ways they benefit our youth and programs.
- Our parents help with costumes, events, transportation, and feeding the children.
- The Taproot Foundation put together a volunteer team whose members helped rebuild our website.
- Two experienced volunteers instruct some of our youth.
- A core group of volunteers organizes the fall Flags & Flips fundraiser.
- Graduate students assisted with various projects from improving our information system to mentoring our young ladies.
- University of Chicago law students spent a day working on member records, organizing uniforms, and cleaning storage spaces. There are many ways to support South Shore Drill Team!
If you are a parent who would like to volunteer, please consider joining our Parent Booster Club. Club meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 7 pm at the Gary Comer Youth Center: Home of the South Shore Drill Team. It costs nothing to join, but members are expected to participate in fundraisers. The President is Sandra Richie and Vice President is Denise Herron.
To volunteer, please call the office at (773) 752-7830