It costs between $40,000 and $70,000 a year to hold a teenager in Cook County Juvenile Detention Center. Compare that to the $3,000 it costs for a child to be part of the South Shore Drill Team. Quality youth programs are expensive, but the alternative is even more so! South Shore Drill Team welcomes your support in helping change the trajectory of children’s lives.
What your contribution can do:
- $30 puts a flag in the hands of a new recruit
- $50 covers two months’ instruction for a team member
- $75 pays the cost of tutoring for one semester
- $100 covers 2 out-of-state weekend trips for a teen
- $300 purchases a uniform for a member.
Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated. If you would like to send a check, please make it payable to South Shore Drill Team, and mail to:
South Shore Drill Team
7218 S. South Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60619
South Shore Drill Team is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and contributions are tax-deductible to the extend allowed by law.